Thursday, February 10, 2011

Changes

Well, I had a few extra minutes today.
 
I'm still a little sore and after getting groceries with a much needed trip out of the house yesterday, I'm trying not to overdo it today. I needed a little couch time. I know, I feel really guilty.


So, what do you think?  I really liked my old page, but saw some new options today and started making little changes here and there. I wasn't exactly sure and kind of wanted to go back to my old page, and couldn't!!  It is no longer an option!  So, I was forced to make a change, and you know, maybe this will get me switching it up a little more often.  I wasn't ready for too much of a "springy" look (well, I actually am, but forcing myself to wait until March 1st for anything official in my home or blog!) and definitely didn't want any more snow out there, so settled on this in-between kind of "sunshiney" look.


I also have another idea. I have been following a couple of home decorating/DIY/interior design type blogs.  You know the ones that really give you inspiration.  I saw a couple of ideas that are so inexpensive if not free to make little (or big) changes to your home and have really became enamored with the idea.  But, I'd really like your feedback.


I am going to show you in the next few days a couple of small projects I have been working on around the house. You know, before and after pictures. But, you need to tell me what you think.  I started this blog primarily for myself and to have a diary of sorts of our life in a small town with a bunch of kids. So, this The Fab Five would stay the same and I would start a second blog.  I would have its concentration be on DIY with design and also a little cooking/recipe ideas thrown in.  There might be a little overlapping, but hey, It's my blog and I can do whatever I want!!  (Such a neat concept!)


I only have a few followers right now and to be honest, I'm still shocked every week to see how many people come and visit and are actually intereseted in our life, but I would think it would be fun to have the other blog "grow"!  There are hundreds of blogs out there that are making thousands of dollars a week.  I know, I know, "Julie...slow it down."  I'm not sure I even have what people want to see, but hey, you never know until you try and this is something that has always been a passion of mine, so we'll see!


So, be patient and share as you see fit and please, please, please.....give me feedback! I don't even know who is out there watching and reading....  ????

1 comment:

Amy Noykos said...

Julie - I love your blog! I'm looking forward to following it. Thanks for sharing it with me!

~Amy