Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Request

I had a few requests for this recipe so thought I would share with everyone.


Pizza Crust  from scratch
2 (.25 ounce) packages active dry yeast or 6 1/2 tsps.
1 1/3 cups warm water 
4 cups bread flour (you can use all purpose, but not as good!)
1/4 cup olive oil
2 teaspoons salt
1 tablespoon & 1 teaspoon white sugar
Italian Seasoning, Oregano, Basil, Garlic powder, etc. to taste


In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Let stand until creamy, about 10 minutes. Put all ingredients in breadmaker and lastly add yeast mixture.  Push dough cycle. Turn dough out onto a floured surface. Form dough and roll out into desired shapes and sizes. Place on lightly greased pans or I use pizza stones. Cover with your favorite sauce and toppings and bake in preheated oven at 375-400 until golden brown, about 20 minutes.


{}Sometimes, I will let the crust rise again a little before putting on toppings.  I use this crust for thin crust or thick and even for a deep dish in a large 9" deep pie pan or casserole dish.  Also, great for breadsticks....brush with melted butter and sprinkle with garlic salt!!


{}When the crust is thick, I bake for 5-7 minutes alone (to keep from crust getting soggy) before loading up the toppings!


{}Last week when I made this, the recipe made one 14 inch thick crust, one 10 deep dish and one 10 inch thick crust. (it makes a lot!!)  Also fun to make individual pizzas and let everyone make their own. Great party idea! The recipe can be halved.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I made this pizza dough, and we had great pizza and breadsticks tonight for dinner! Thank you for all of the ideas. I also printed out your Sweet Rolls recipe and want to make them sometime. I'm also getting some decorating ideas, which I desperately need!