Friday, February 11, 2011

Fresh Perspectives



Ok, I have had this flower arrangement for a long time.  A very long time.  When you look at the "before" picture, you are going to probably say, "I like that vase of flowers." But, I felt it long overdue for something new and fresh. It has been on my Dining Room table here in this home for 6 years, and in our prior home for 4 years, and I won't even go back further than that... (you get the picture!)  I have lovingly cleaned it and spruced it up every year so it is still in very nice shape. 
So, I saw this idea for three little glass vases with hydrangeas haphazardly placed on a formal dining table in a magazine. I promptly checked Hobby Lobby and Michaels but their stems were still more than I wanted to pay.  On my last trip to Sidney I found all that I needed at one store! I bought 3 small vases, 3 bags of clear vase filler, 3 round mirrors and 4 bunches of pale green hydrangeas.
Viola, a little snipping with a wire cutter and a little glass polishing and we are all set! 
So, I have $13 dollars in this small project. I'm sure if you do the math you can figure what store enabled me to have a fresh perspective on my dining room! 

No, I'm not getting rid of my old arrangement.  That is one secret about me.  I don't throw anything away!!  I have an area in the back room of the basement where my "castaways" and "rejects" have a home.  You never know when you might just need that 25 year old dusty blue speckled 2 piece canister set!!   (...that was transformed this summer for Lauren to match her new kitchen...) I'm not kidding!  That is a true story! I pulled out my first canister set, (even before we were married) and spray painted it just a few months ago!  Don't get rid of anything...and if you feel the need to, call Me and I'll transform it for you! 





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very Pretty Julie! I may have to call you when I redo my kitchen!
Deb

renee said...

Julie I finally got to your blog!! Really nice!

Jenna Marie said...

love the new flowers!